Creep Mate Concentrate is a pelleted supplement for mixing with corn and oats to build a 14% calf creep feed. Creep Mate Concentrate is ideal for the producer who wishes to utilize their home raised grains. Creep feeding calves reduces weaning stress and increases weaning weights.
Protein is required by rumen microorganisms and for muscle growth. Creep Mate Concentrate does not contain non-protein nitrogen sources but is formulated with a combination of protein sources. By combining protein sources, Creep Mate Concentrate provides optimal amino acid balance to promote efficient growth.
Home Grown Grains
Many cow calf producers also grow grains such as corn and oats. Creep Mate Concentrate allows producers to take advantage of these home grown grains. Depending on the value the producer places on the home grown grains Creep Mate Concentrate can be an economical choice for creep feeding.
Pounds at Weaning
Creep feeding calves increases weaning weight. This allows producers to sell more pounds per cow than by not creep feeding.
Good Start in the Feedlot
A high level of feed intake soon after calves enter the feedlot is the key to getting them off to a good start and reducing sickness. Calves accustomed to eating feed before weaning are more likely to consume an adequate level of their receiving ration.
Minerals and Vitamins
Proper mineral and vitamin supplementation impacts forage utilization, protein and energy metabolism and disease resistance.
Choice of Additives
Proper use of feed additives can increase weight gain and feed utilization; refer to product tag for specific claim. These Creep Feeds are available with feed additives at FDA-approved levels.
|Crude Protein, min %||31.0|
|Crude Fat, min %||1.0|
|Crude Fiber, max %||10.0|
|Calcium (Ca), min %||3.0|
|Calcium (Ca), max %||4.0|
|Salt (NaCl), min %||1.8|
|Salt (NaCl), max %||2.3|
|Potassium (L), min %||1.0|
|Vitamin A, min||24,000 IU/lb.|
|Vitamin D, min||2,400 IU/lb.|
|Vitamin E, min||40 IU/lb.|
Creep Feed Advantage
A. Pounds of creep feed per calf __________
B. Price per pound of creep feed __________
C. A times B= Creep feed cost per calf __________
D. Feed conversion factor for creep feed (pounds of creep per pound of gain) __________
E. A divided by D= Pounds of Gain per calf __________
F. Calf market price per pound __________
G. E times F= Added value per calf from creep feed __________
H. G minus C= Net value per calf from creep feeding __________
|Ingredients||Pounds per Ton|
|Creep Mix Concentrate||500|
Calves will typically consume between 0.75 % and 1.5 % of their body weight of the finished mix. Over consumption of creep feed may result in digestive disorders. For best results, never allow creep feeders to go empty. Remove spoiled feed regularly. Provide clean fresh water and free choice salt at all times.
- To begin with place creep feeders in an area where cows frequent, such as near loafing areas, water, shade or mineral feeders. Once all calves are eating, creep feeders can be moved per your grazing program.
- Keep feed fresh, consider only partially filling feeders at the beginning when intakes are the lowest.
- Consumption will be low while calves become accustomed to the feeder and learn to eat creep feed. Intakes will increase gradually over time.
- Routinely clean out feeders. Any moisture or fines should be cleaned out of trough.
- Adjust feeders so excessive feed does not build up in the trough. Adjusting the opening to 3/4 to 1 inch should eliminate a feed build up in the trough. This will help reduce fines and waste.
- Do not let the feeders go empty. Once calves have started on creep it is best to keep creep available at all times. Calves who have creep available off and on are subject to over eating.
- Allow adequate bunk space per calf. A good rule of thumb is 3 calves per foot of bunk space.
- Make sure creep feed area can securely keep the cows out, but allows easy access for calves.
This product, which contains added copper, must not be fed to sheep or related species that have a low tolerance level to copper. This product has been formulated specifically for beef and is not intended for other species.
#345M—Creep Mate Concentrate, 50 lb.