Blueprint® Cattle Mineral Altosid® and Blueprint Fescue Mineral Altosid® are free-choice minerals with Altosid S- Methoprene insect growth regulator for feed-through fly control. Feed continuously from 30 days before the last frost in the spring to 30 days after the last frost in the fall to prevent emergence of the adult horn fly from the manure of treated cattle. The pesticides within these Blueprint formulas are approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), allowing Hubbard Feeds and its dealers to floor stock and distribute these products where state registrations have been completed.
Blueprint is a cutting-edge, trace mineral nutrition program formulated to positively influence the genetic potential of cattle through all phases of production. Blueprint supports enhanced beef cow-calf reproduction, immunity and improved calf weaning weights.
Blueprint nutrition is based on the belief that not only is the level of supplementation important, but also the form in which nutrients are delivered to the animal. Blueprint products are a source of Bioplex® trace minerals (cobalt, copper,manganese and zinc), Sel-Plex® selenium yeast and vitamins. Blueprint organic trace mineral proteinates resemble those found naturally in plant proteins. This means increased availability with less interference by antagonists and less oxidative stress, which leads to improved performance.
Blueprint Cattle Mineral Altosid
Blueprint Cattle Mineral Altosid is the “workhorse” of the Blueprint mineral family with the added benefit of fly control. It can be fed as a free-choice mineral with a target intake of 4 ounces per head per day. This is equivalent to 200 feedings per 50-pound bag. Blueprint can also be fed in a total mixed ration.
Blueprint Fescue Mineral Altosid
Blueprint Fescue Mineral Altosid contains FEB-200 C. It can be fed in areas where cattle are grazing fescue pastures, providing the needed fly control during the warmer months, as a free-choice mineral with a target intake of 4 ounces or0.25 pounds per head per day. This is equivalent to 200 feedings per 50-pound bag. Blueprint Fescue Mineral Altosid can also be fed in a total mixed ration.
Feed this product to cattle only. When used as directed, Blueprint Fly Control Minerals will provide sufficient S-Methoprene insect growth regulator to prevent the emergence of adult horn flies from manure of treated cattle. Existing adult horn flies will not be affected. Start feeding before horn flies appear and continue use until cold weather marks the end of the horn fly season. Allow free-choice to cattle. Cattle should consume an average of 0.286 ounces of this product per 100 pounds of cattle body weight per day, which is equivalent to 4 ounces per day for a 1,400-pound cow.
1. Ensure cattle are not starved for nutrients in Blueprint Fly Control Minerals by providing them prior to feeding Blueprint Fly Control Minerals.
2. This product contains added copper. Do not feed to cattle in close proximity to sheep or other species that have a low tolerance to supplemental copper.
3. Offer cattle 50 pounds of this product for every 15 head of cattle.
4. Remove all other self-limiting nutritional supplements while cattle are consuming this product.
5. Locate Blueprint Fly Control Minerals where cattle congregate (e.g., watering, loafing, shade areas).
6. Replenish Blueprint Fly Control Minerals on a regular basis as needed.
7. If intake of Blueprint Fly Control Minerals is below 0.286 ounces per 100 pounds of cattle body weight per day, increase the number of feeding locations and/or change locations to areas more often frequented by cattle.
8. If intake of Blueprint Fly Control Minerals are above 0.286 ounces per 100 pounds of cattle body weight per day, reduce the number of feeding locations and/or change locations to areas less often frequented by cattle.
9. Introduction of this product after adult horn fly infestation is established will require treatment of cattle with adulticides if elimination of the adult fly population is desired.
This product, which contains added copper, should not be fed to sheep or related species that have a low tolerance to copper. This product has been formulated specifically for beef cattle and is not intended for other species.
Hubbard Feeds Inc. does not use "restricted-use proteins" in their products and is compliant with FDA and state requirements regarding the use, handling and storage of "restricted-use protein" products.
#62423 – Blueprint Cattle Mineral Altosid
#62425 – Blueprint Fescue Mineral Altosid