Hubbard® Life Senior is a 13% protein feed that is formulated for the older or inactive horse that may have teeth or other health issues that prevents them from consuming adequate amounts of feed. Added yeast improves digestibility and nutrient uptake. Highly digestible soluble fiber sources compensate for the reduce feed digestion in aging and stressed horses.
Feed Hubbard Life Senior to horses that have problems consuming hay/pasture due to poor teeth, age or other health related problems. Feed at the rate of 2 to 2.5 pounds per 100 pounds body weight. Although no additional forage is needed, a source of good quality hay/pasture will help prevent the horse from becoming bored. Use the feeding chart at the bottom of the page as a guideline as to how much to feed.
- Additional hay is not needed when feeding the recommended amount of Hubbard Life Senior. Hay can be offered to help prevent boredom.
- Provide free choice access to salt and fresh water.
- Level of intake will vary depending on level of activity, desired body condition, season and quantity and quality of available forage.
- Although no additional hay feeding may be necessary, it is recommended that horses be provided with 0.5 to 1 pounds of hay per 100 pounds of body weight. Provide fresh, clean water at all times.
- Hubbard Life 30% Horse Supplement can be top-dressed on Hubbard Life Senior at the rate of 0.5 to 2 pounds per head per day.
- Hubbard Life Senior is also formulated to be fed to the pleasure horse or performance horses. No additional feed stuffs are necessary.
- Worm at least 4 times each year.
- Trim horse’s feet frequently.
- Keep your horse’s teeth floated.
- A physical examination should be performed annually on all horses by your veterinarian.
Hubbard Life Senior is formulated specifically for horses and is not intended for other species.
#34749—Hubbard® Life Senior (Pelleted)
#34750—Hubbard® Life Senior (Textured)