LEAN START® 3 Concentrate is formulated to produce a high quality grind and mix starter ration for pigs from 26 to 40 days of age. LEAN START 3 Concentrate is designed for the production system that faces health constraints and production risks.
LEAN START 3 Concentrate is designed to be mixed with corn and to be fed to pigs that are 26 to 40 days of age. LEAN START 3 Concentrate is typically fed for about 14 days in the nursery.
Balance of Select Ingredients:
Key ingredients are uniquely combined in LEAN START 3 Concentrate to achieve a superior balance of essential amino acids. These high quality protein sources are selected for optimum digestibility and palatability which provides for increased feed consumption.
Balance of Vitamins and Trace Minerals:
Balanced vitamin and mineral fortification is essential for optimizing nutrient utilization, metabolism, disease resistance and pig performance.
Matches Changing Digestive Enzyme Activity In Pigs:
After 26 days of age, the digestive system of the pig is better developed to process soy proteins and grain starches instead of complex specialty proteins and milk sugars. The blend of ingredients in LEAN START 3 Concentrate helps the pig transition from a diet high in milk products to one that includes more soybean meal and corn. This degree of complexity plus proper feeding levels can improve uniformity and decrease postweaning lag.
|Crude Protein, min %||32.0|
|Lysine, min %||2.75|
|Crude Fat, min %||5.8|
|Crude Fiber, max %||3.0|
|Calcium (Ca), min %||1.33|
|Calcium (Ca), max %||1.83|
|Phosphorus (P), min %||1.16|
|Salt (NaCl), min %||1.0|
|Salt (NaCl), max %||1.5|
|Selenium (Se), min||0.6 ppm|
|Zinc (Zn), min||9,000 ppm|
|Phytase (Asergillus niger), min||648 FYT/lb.*|
*One unit of phytase activity (FYT) is defined as the quantity of enzyme which liberates 1 micromol of inorganic phosphorus per minute. Environmental factors such as feed pH, moisture, and processing methods such as pelleting or extrusion, may affect enzyme activity.
|LEAN START 3 Concentrate, lb.||1,000|
Do not add other ingredients to these diets without first consulting your sales representative.
Hubbard Lean Start Integrated Starter Program
|Pig Age (Days)||Pig Weight (lbs.)||Budget (lbs.)||Feed|
|20-26||11-15||3||Lean Start 2|
|26-40||15-25||12-14||Lean Start 3 Conc.|
The chart below provides a benchmark for nursery productivity for days 7 to 21 in the nursery, or a 15 to 25 pound pig.
|Ave. Daily Gain||.70||.60||.50|
|Daily Feed Intake, lb.||.80||.73||.64|
- Provide fresh, clean water at all times. Provide 1 nipple waterer for every 10 pigs positioned at shoulder height.
- Monitor and adjust ventilation—prevent drafts and keep humidity levels between 50% and 60%.
- Monitor air quality. As pigs grow larger and become more crowded, air quality is affected.
- Check feeders for proper adjustment. 50% of the trough bottom should be covered with feed.
- Continually monitor pigs for any signs of stress or abnormalities.•A guideline for feeder space is 3 to 4 inches of feeder space per pig.
- Temperature guideline for the second week in the nursery is 82° F set point and 79°F for the third week. Room temperature should be about 76-79° F at the end of day 21.
This product has been formulated specifically for swine and is not intended for other species. Do not feed to cattle or other ruminants.
#50C2—LEAN START® 3 Concentrate, 50 lb