Vita-CDE is a liquid source of vitamins C, D and E. Liqui-D is a liquid source of vitamin D. Both are designed to be used in times of stress and health challenges.
Vita-CDE is a micellized water-dispersible solution for supplementing vitamins C, D and E to the newly-weaned pig. Vitamins C, D and E also provide the following benefits.
- Antioxidant in multiple tissues and works in conjunction with vitamin E and selenium.
- Helps enhance absorption of dietary minerals such as iron and helps with mobilization and distribution.
- Involved with the conversion of vitamin D to its active form.
- Helps with calcium and phosphorus absorption, and bone mineralization.
- Supports the immune system.
- Form used is the most biologically active.
- Enhances immune system.
- Helps prevent oxidative damage in weaned pigs during times of stress which can cause sudden death, edema, heart damage or enlargement (Mulberry Heart Disease).
Liqui-D is a liquid form of vitamin D3 and is designed to provide pigs supplemental Vitamin D3 during times of stress and health challenges. Vitamin D3 also supports the immune system.
Colostrum is the only source of vitamin D3 for nursing pigs from birth until weaning. Factors such as lack of direct sunlight and large litter sizes may predispose pigs to suboptimal vitamin D status. Therefore the use of supplemental vitamin D may be beneficial.
Vitamin D helps with calcium and phosphorus absorption along with bone mineralization. Pigs supplemented with additional vitamin D have shown increased activity, better intakes and growth along with fewer individual pig treatments and a reduction in cull pigs.
|Ascorbic Acid, min
|Vitamin D, min
|Vitamin E, min
|Vitamin D, min
Mix a stock solution by adding 4-8 ounces of Vita-CDE to one gallon of water. Meter 1 gallon of stock solution at the rate of 1 oz per gallon (1:128 delivery) of drinking water. Maximum usage rate is 8 ounces per one gallon of stock solution. Supplement to pigs for 7-10 days.
As a supplement to newborn nursing pigs:
Orally dose 3 milliliters (cc’s) of undiluted Liqui-D soon after birth to provide ~40,000 IU Vitamin D3. Do not administer more than two doses while the piglet is nursing the sow.
Water proportioner: Make a stock solution of Liqui-D using the chart below. Meter 1 gallon of stock solution at the rate of 1 oz. per gallon (1:128 delivery) of drinking water and give to the pigs for 7-10 days. Using the mixing directions below will provide ~6000 IU’s of Vitamin D3 per pig per day. Do not administer for more than 21 days continuously.
|Anticipated Water Consumption
|Amount (oz.) of Liqui-D
per Gal of Stock Solution
Shake well before using. Contents may settle.
#39903—Vita-CDE, 4 x 1 gal
#37800—Liqui-D, 4 x 1 gal