Vitalizer Plus milk replacer is nutritionally designed to help stressed calves. Vitalizer Plus is a unique formulation designed to promote health and combat sickness.
Refer to product tag for specific nutrient analysis.
Medicated Options Include:
- Oxytetracycline and Neomycin Base (from Neomycin Sulfate): For aid in the treatment of bacterial enteritis (scours) and bacterial pneumonia.
- Decoquinate (Decox)
- Lasalocid (Bovatec)
Measure 3 quarts (.75 gallons) of clean, warm water (110°F) into a clean bucket. Weigh 1.25 lbs. (20 oz.) of dry milk replacer powder and sprinkle onto the water surface, mix thoroughly, while adding clean warm water (110°F) until the final solution volume reaches 4 quarts (1 gallon).
Birth through day 1: Feed 4 quarts of clean, disease-free, high quality maternal colostrum or 1 package of OptiPrime calf colostrum replacer within 4 hours of birth. Feed an additional 2 quarts of colostrum or begin feeding milk replacer within 24 hours. See product tag for more specific feeding directions.
- Sprinkle milk replacer powder onto water for best mixing.
- Agitate powder and water with a wire whisk.
- Offer clean, fresh water at all times.
- Clean, sanitize and air dry feeding and mixing equipment after each feeding.
- Introduce a high quality calf starter at 4 days of age.
- Avoid feeding hay prior to weaning.
- House calves in a well ventilated area.
- Provide clean, dry bedding at all times.
- Do not mix powder in water over 150°F.
- Powder can contain variation in color and dark particles, this is normal.
- Slow agitation of milk replacer solution during feeding is recommended to assure a proper mix to all calves.
These products, which contain added copper, must not be fed to sheep or related species that have a low tolerance level to copper.
These products have been formulated specifically for dairy calves and are not intended for other species.
#31980 or #46604—Vitalizer Plus 24-20, Non-med, 50 lbs.
Other drug and additive options also available.