Energy Booster 100® Dry Fat Supplement contains 98% total fatty acids and has been formulated to act as a rumen inert or undegradable fat source for ruminants. The fatty acid composition has been designed specifically for dairy cows to help maximize milk yield and quality.
The protected fat used in Energy Booster 100 bypasses the rumen, eliminating potential rumen upset that can result from feeding high levels of unprotected fat.
High Energy Density
Energy Booster 100 provides the extra needed energy that is so important during periods of low dry matter intake.
- Hot Summer: Energy Booster 100 helps keep milk production at expected levels due to increased ration nutrient density.
- Early Lactation: Feeding Energy Booster 100 results in quicker body weight gains following early lactation loss, helping cows conceive more readily.
|Energy Density Comparison
|Heat treated soybeans||0.88|
|ENERGY BOOSTER 100||3.00|
The palatable nature (bland taste and smell) of the protected fat used in Energy Booster 100 helps encourage cows to rapidly acclimate to Energy Booster 100.
The fat used in Energy Booster 100 has the qualities critical to a protected fat:
- It is “protected” due to the unique characteristics of the fatty acid blend so it will not interfere with rumen metabolism. (Trials indicated 95% unchanged through the rumen.)
- It is a palatable form of energy (bland taste and smell).
- It has a high degree of digestibility. (Trials indicated 85% to 90% digestibility in the lower GI tract.)
- Its physical and chemical properties are not altered by low pH.
|Free Fatty Acid, min %||98.0|
|Free Fatty Acid, max %||99.5|
|C12:0 Myristic %||2.5|
|C16:0 Palmitic %||28.0|
|C18:0 Stearic %||
|C18:1 Oleic %||8.3|
|C18:2 Linoleic %||1.5|
|C18:3 Linolenic %||0.1|
* Listed values are approximate and do not represent tag guarantees.
|Fat Source and Recommended Levels|
|Forage & Grain||1.5||3.0|
|Animal Fat & Oilseeds*||1.5||3.0|
|Rumen Inert Fat||0.5||1.0|
¹(% based on 50 lbs. Dry Matter Intake)
*(The amount of fat coming from either animal fat or oilseeds should not exceed 1.0 lb.)
Energy Booster 100 will work well in any feeding system (top dress, grain mix or TMR). Be sure to allow time for cows to adapt to Energy Booster 100. Introduce Energy Booster 100 gradually over a two week period.
It is recommended that 0.25 to 1.0 pound of Energy Booster 100 be fed to high producing cows each day.
Best results will be realized when Energy Booster 100 is fed for the first third of lactation. The recommended feeding rate is 0.25 to 1.0 pound of Energy Booster 100 per cow per day depending on the stage of lactation.
- The calcium and magnesium content in the ration should be increased by 5.0% to 15.0% when high levels of fat are being fed.
- For optimum performance, the UIP (undegradable intake protein) levels in the ration should be increased to complement the increased fat in the ration.
- Follow the Milkcheck™ Dairy Ration schedule recommendations.
- Provide fresh, clean water at all times.
The Following Table Will Assist in Choosing The Correct Amount of Energy Booster 100:
|>24,000 lbs.||%Total Fat In Diet||5.0-6.0||4.5-5.0||Max 4.5|
|Lb. Energy Booster 100® in Diet||0.5-1.5||0.5-1.0||0.3-0.5|
|18-24,000 lbs.||%Total Fat In Diet||Max 5.0||4.0-5.0||Max 4.5|
|Lb. Energy Booster 100® in Diet||.05-1.0||0.5-0.75||0.25|
|<18,000 lbs.||%Total Fat In Diet||4.5-5.0||4.5||4.0|
|Lb. Energy Booster 100® in Diet||0.5-1.0||0.25-0.50||0.25|
|Dry & Pre-Fresh Cows||Lb. Energy Booster 100® in Diet||0.1-0.2|
DO NOT STORE IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT OR IN TEMPERATURES EXCEEDING 115° F.
This product, which contains added copper, must not be fed to sheep or related species that have a low tolerance level to copper.
This product has been formulated specifically for lactating dairy cattle and is not intended for other species.
#8749—ENERGY BOOSTER 100® Dry Fat Supplement, 50 lbs.