- Vaccinate does during last month of pregnancy for Clostridium perfringens type C and D and C.tetani, also referred to as a CD & T vaccine shot.
- Immunize kids from immunized dams at 1-2 months of age for Clostridium perfringens type C and D and C.tetani; repeat immunization in 3-4 weeks.
- Immunize kids from non-immunized dams at 1-2 weeks of age for Clostridium perfringens type C and D and C.tetani; repeat immunization twice at 3-4 week intervals.
Bucks and Yearlings
- Immunized bucks and yearlings at the same time pregnant does are vaccinated, with emphasis on Clostridium species.
- In endemic areas, vaccines for rabies and leptospirosis may be of value.
- Vaccinate breeding does for Chlamydia and Campylobacter before breeding and repeat in mid-gestation.
Source: Pugh, D.G. Sheep and Goat Medicine. Saunders, Philadelphia, 2002