PowerStart™ 19/13 Complete is a complete starter diet for pigs 19 to 25 days of age. The nutritionally advanced formulation is for older, heavier weaned pigs. The PowerStart 19/13 feeding program is designed for producers who are driven by feed cost per pig and whose production system is operating under high health (<2.5% mortality) conditions.
PowerStart 19/13 is a complex feed designed to be fed to pigs weaned between 19 and 25 days of age. Younger, lighter pigs may require Lean Start® 2 before consuming PowerStart 19/13.
Specially Fortified for an Older, Heavier Pig
PowerStart 19/13 provides the proper balance of complexity and fortification needed by the older, heavier weaned pig. This ensures that the pig will make a smooth transition at weaning and have good growth performance and feed efficiency while being a highly economical program.
High Quality Milk Products
Improves palatability, increases consumption and reduces digestive upsets. Improves performance due to the highly digestible carbohydrates and amino acids in high quality milk products.
Use of Key Animal Protein Ingredients
PowerStart 19/13 contains no fishmeal, but instead contains a unique combination of other animal protein products to achieve a superior balance of essential amino acids. These research tested and proven protein sources were selected for optimum digestibility and palatability which provide for increased feed consumption.
Steam rolled oats and milk products along with feed intake enhancers are combined in PowerStart 19/1 to promote feed intake. Even in the older, heavier weaned pig, feed palatability is critical to early consumption and growth.
|Crude Protein, min %||20.0|
|Lysine, min %||1.5|
|Crude Fat, min %||5.0|
|Crude Fiber, max %||3.0|
|Calcium (Ca), min %||0.6|
|Calcium (Ca), max %||1.1|
|Phosphorus (P), min %||0.6|
|Salt (NaCl), min %||0.5|
|Salt (NaCl), max %||1.0|
|Selenium (Se), min||0.3 ppm|
|Zinc (Zn), min||4,000 ppm|
|Phytase (Trichoderma), min||907 FYT/lb.*|
*One unit of phytase activity (FYT) in defined as the quanity of enzyme which liberates 1 micromol of inorganic phosphorus per minute
Feed as the sole ration to starter pigs. Always supply a source of fresh, clean water.
Hubbard PowerStart Starter Program
|Pig Age (Days)||Pig Weight (lbs.)||Budget (lbs.)||Feed|
In the Nursery:
Feed to pigs from 19 to 25 days of age. Age is more important than pig weight, but typical pig weight range would be 13 to 16 pounds.
- For pigs weighing less than 13 pounds, the use of Lean Start® 2 is recommended.
- Expected consumption is 3.0 to 4.0 pounds of PowerStart 19/13 Complete per pig, depending on weaning weight, environment and production goals.
- Prevent drafts.
- Continually monitor pigs for any signs of stress.
The chart below provides a benchmark for nursery productivity for the first seven days in the nursery or a 13 to 16 pound pig.
|Ave. Daily Gain||.55||.45||.35|
|Daily Feed Intake, lb.||.57||.52||.46|
It is important to get pigs on full feed as quickly as possible to maximize growth rate. In the first 48 hours postweaning, feed every 2 hours (six times per day) or as frequently as possible.
- Provide fresh, clean water at all times. Provide 1 nipple waterer for every 10 pigs positioned at shoulder height.
- Monitor and adjust ventilation—prevent drafts.
Factors influencing ventilation decisions include:
- relative humidity
- moisture from condensation
- air speed across animals
- odor and gas concentration
- airborne dust/disease control
- combustion emissions from heaters
Monitor air quality. As pigs grow larger and become more crowded, air quality is affected.
- Humidity is one of the first signs of poor air quality. Levels between 50% and 60% are ideal.
- Continually monitor pigs for any signs of stress or abnormalities.
- Check feeders for proper adjustment. 50% of the trough bottom should be covered with feed.
- A guideline for feeder space is 3 to 4 inches of feeder space per pig.
- Temperature guideline for the first week in the nursery is 84° set point. Room temperature should be about 82° at the end of day 7.
This product has been formulated specifically for swine and is not intended for other species. Do not feed to cattle or other ruminants.
#29306–PowerStart™ 19/13, 50 lb