POWERSTART™ Nursery Premix is formulated to be mixed with soybean meal and corn and fed to pigs weighing 25 to 50 pounds.
POWERSTART Nursery Premix provides the proper balance of complexity and fortification needed by older heavier pigs. The formulation in POWERSTART Nursery Premix includes the following:
- Addition of synthetic amino acids which allow for reduced soybean meal usage and increased energy level of the diet.
- Copper chloride - improves gut environment for better growth.
- Superdose level of phytase increases digestibility of phosphorus and other nutrients to improve feed conversion.
- Organic selenium and natural vitamin E improves the antioxidant status of pigs
- Mold inhibitors to prevent mold growth and lengthen shelf life of the diet.
When to Use
Use as a follow up to POWERSTART 25/16 complete feed or POWERSTART 25/16 Basemix diet. POWERSTART Nursery Premix should be fed until pigs are 50 lbs.
|Crude Protein, min %||14|
|Lysine, min %||9.4|
|Crude fat, min %||1.0|
|Crude Fiber, max %||1.0|
|Calcium, min-max %||12.0-14.4|
|Phosphorus, min %||4.7|
|Salt, min-max %||12.0-14.4|
|Selenium, min, ppm||8.0|
|Phytase (Trichoderma reesei), min, FYT/lb.*||24,289|
*One unit of phytase activity (FYT) is defined as the quantity of enzyme which liberates 1 micromol of inorganic phosphorus per minute. Environmental factors such as feed pH, moisture and processing methods such as pelleting and extrusion may affect enzyme activity.
Add at the rate of 75 pounds per ton with corn and soybean meal. Suggested rations are listed below.
|PowerStart Nursery Premix||75||75||75||75|
|Total Lysine %||1.35||1.35||1.3||1.3|
A clean, fresh source of drinking water is also necessary.
This product, which contains added copper, should not be fed to sheep or related species that have a low tolerance to copper.
This product has been formulated specifically for swine and is not intended for other species.
#45130 – POWERSTART™ Nursery Premix, 50 lb. bag