Homestead® Chick Starter/Grower is designed for raising chicks from hatch until market or maturity. Homestead Starter/Grower contains no antibiotics or animal proteins.
Why choose Homestead Chick Starter/Grower?
Homestead Chick Starter/Grower feed features Total Replacement Technology, which means that the minerals used in your flock’s feed are organic trace minerals. Organic trace minerals are more easily absorbed and utilized in the gut, which means that your chicks will get more benefit from less.
Using only quality, traceable ingredients, Homestead Chick Starter/Grower makes sure your chicks are provided with high-quality nutrition to support ideal energy levels. We use quality, traceable ingredients, so you can rest assured that your chicks are getting safe and effective feed for their needs.
- DIGESTIVE SUPPORT: Added prebiotics, probiotics and enzymes for better digestion and nutrient absorption
- IMMUNE HEALTH: Made with a proprietary blend of vitamins and organic trace minerals for increased immune support
- COMPLETE & BALANCED: Fulfills all vitamin and nutrient requirements
- SELECT PROTEINS: Formulated with no animal proteins
|Crude Protein, min %||18.0|
|Lysine, min %||1.2|
|Methionine, min %||0.57|
|Crude Fat, min %||3.0|
|Crude Fiber, max %||4.0|
|Calcium (Ca), min %||0.8|
|Calcium (Ca), max %||1.3|
|Phosphorus (P), min %||0.65|
|Salt (NaCl), min %||0.2|
|Salt (NaCl), max %||0.7|
Feeding Directions for Broiler (Or Meat) Birds
Feed Homestead Chick Starter/Grower as the sole ration for broiler chicks from hatch to market (6-8 weeks of age). Homestead Chick Starter/Grower may be fed to turkeys from 15 pounds body weight. Starting around 15 pounds body weight, feed the Homestead Chick Starter/Grower as the sole ration to turkey to help prevent leg issues. Provide a constant supply of clean, fresh water.
Feeding Directions for Layers
For chicks that will be used as layers, Homestead Chick Starter/Grower can be fed as the sole ration until 16-18 weeks of age. At approximately this time, switch the birds to the Homestead layer as the sole ration.
- Poultry should have access to clean, fresh water at all times. When starting day-old birds or after moving or transporting birds, provide access to water before putting feed in the feeders.
- When birds have access to coarse litter or whole grains, an insoluble grit should be fed. Limit intake of grit to 1 pound per 100 pounds of feed or 2 pounds per 100 birds per week. Grit can be blended with their regular ration or offered free choice in a separate feeder.
- Do not allow feeders to run empty or stale feed to accumulate.
- Never feed any feedstuffs that are moldy, musty or suspect in any way.
Homestead Chick Starter/Grower is formulated specifically for poultry and should not be fed to other species or to poultry in large commercial operations where a more customized diet would be more appropriate.
This product, which contains added copper, should not be fed to sheep or related species that have a low tolerance to copper.
#34732—Homestead® Chick Starter/Grower NAP/NAB
#34739—Homestead® Chick Starter/Grower AM.0125 NAP/NAB