Homestead® Layer is a nutrient dense, carefully balanced diet for laying hens. Homestead Layer contains no antibiotics or animal proteins.
Homestead Poultry feeds are made with only natural grains and proteins. These grains are balanced with vitamins and minerals to encourage optimum growth and performance. Formulated without any antibiotics, animal proteins and fats, Homestead Poultry feeds are the wholesome way to provide excellent nutrition to your flock.
Formulated to Promote Health and Immunity
Homestead Layer contains organic selenium, which provides support to the bird’s immunity and health systems.
Designed to Promote Egg Shell Quality and Yolk Color
Homestead Layer Ration contains all the ingredients hens need to produce strong shelled, healthy eggs and maintain a healthy skeleton. Specially formulated ingredients in Homestead Layer help produce rich yellow egg yolks.
|Crude Protein, min %||17.0|
|Lysine, min %||0.7|
|Methionine, min %||0.3|
|Crude Fat, min %||3.0|
|Crude Fiber, max %||6.0|
|Calcium (Ca), min %||2.9|
|Calcium (Ca), max %||3.9|
|Phosphorus (P), min %||0.5|
|Salt (NaCl), min %||0.2|
|Salt (NaCl), max %||0.7|
Feed Homestead Layer as the sole ration to hens laying eggs. Provide a constant supply of clean, fresh water.
- Poultry should have access to clean, fresh water at all times. After moving or transporting birds, provide access to water before putting feed in the feeders.
- When birds have access to coarse litter or whole grains, an insoluble grit should be fed. Limit intake of grit to 1 pound per 100 pounds of feed or 2 pounds per 100 birds per week. Grit can be blended with their regular ration or offered free choice in a separate feeder.
- Do not allow feeders to run empty or stale feed to accumulate.
- Never feed any feedstuffs that are moldy, musty or suspect in any way.
- Supplemental feeding of oyster shells may be necessary after 45 weeks of age to provide additional dietary calcium to improve egg shell quality.
Estimated Daily Consumption:
Birds in Production
|Brown egg laying chicks||6 lb. / 20 birds|
|White egg laying chicks||5 lb. / 20 birds|
Homestead Layer is formulated specifically for poultry and should not be fed to other species, or to poultry in large commercial operations where a more customized diet would be more appropriate.
This product, which contains added copper, should not be fed to sheep or related species that have a low tolerance to copper.
#34746—Homestead® Layer NAP/NAB