Homestead® Layer is a nutrient dense, carefully balanced diet for laying hens. Homestead Layer contains no antibiotics or animal proteins.
Why choose Homestead Layer?
Homestead Layer feed features Total Replacement Technology, which means the minerals used in your flock’s feed are organic trace minerals. Organic trace minerals are more easily absorbed and utilized in the gut, which means your layers will get more benefit from less.
Using only quality, traceable ingredients Homestead Layer makes sure your flock has the nutrients necessary to support optimal egg production. Our ingredients are quality and traceable, so you can rest assured your flock is getting safe and effective feed for their needs.
- DIGESTIVE SUPPORT: Added prebiotics, probiotics and enzymes for better digestion and nutrient absorption
- IMMUNE HEALTH: Made with a proprietary blend of vitamins and organic trace minerals for increased immune support
- EGGSHELL QUALITY: Added calcium and vitamin D promotes superior eggshell strength
- SELECT PROTEINS: Formulated with no animal proteins
|Crude Protein, min %||17.0|
|Lysine, min %||0.7|
|Methionine, min %||0.3|
|Crude Fat, min %||3.0|
|Crude Fiber, max %||6.0|
|Calcium (Ca), min %||2.9|
|Calcium (Ca), max %||3.9|
|Phosphorus (P), min %||0.5|
|Salt (NaCl), min %||0.2|
|Salt (NaCl), max %||0.7|
Feed Homestead Layer as the sole ration to hens laying eggs. Provide a constant supply of clean, fresh water.
- Poultry should have access to clean, fresh water at all times. After moving or transporting birds, provide access to water before putting feed in the feeders.
- When birds have access to coarse litter or whole grains, an insoluble grit should be fed. Limit intake of grit to 1 pound per 100 pounds of feed or 2 pounds per 100 birds per week. Grit can be blended with their regular ration or offered free choice in a separate feeder.
- Do not allow feeders to run empty or stale feed to accumulate.
- Never feed any feedstuffs that are moldy, musty or suspect in any way.
- Supplemental feeding of oyster shells may be necessary after 45 weeks of age to provide additional dietary calcium to improve egg shell quality.
Estimated Daily Consumption:
Birds in Production
|Brown egg laying chicks||6 lb. / 20 birds|
|White egg laying chicks||5 lb. / 20 birds|
Homestead Layer is formulated specifically for poultry and should not be fed to other species, or to poultry in large commercial operations where a more customized diet would be more appropriate.
This product, which contains added copper, should not be fed to sheep or related species that have a low tolerance to copper.
#34746—Homestead® Layer NAP/NAB