The Homestead® Game Bird Program consists of four products specifically formulated to meet the nutrient requirements of game birds including quail, pheasant, peafowl and chukars. Homestead Game Bird products are well fortified for excellent growth and brilliant feather coloration.
Game Bird Starter
A complete 27% granulated ration that is specifically formulated for priming the digestive tract for optimal development and growth in all game birds.
Game Bird Grower
A complete 20% (min-pellet) granulated ration for growing game birds fast and efficiently for market using high levels of vitamins/minerals and probiotics.
Game Bird Flight
A complete 17% (min-pellet) granulated ration specifically formulated using synthetic and natural amino acids for producing well-feathered, lean birds that will be released at a later stage. Ideal for birds that are going to be released for immediate hunting.
Game Bird Breeder
A complete 18% ration with high levels of vitamins and trace minerals to help improve fertility, egg strength, hatchability and chick livability.
Complete and Balanced Products: Encourages optimum growth and performance and minimizes the need and expense for other supplements.
Separate Products for Different Life Stages: Specific diets for starting/growing game birds help to provide the correct nutrition for each life stage.
Added Primalac®: Probiotics have been replaced with the Primalac probiotics which is believed to help greatly improve gut health.
Optimum Vitamin and Mineral Levels: Homestead Game Bird Feeds provide game bird producers with nutrient levels specifically formulated for game birds. Chelated mineral have replaced part of the regular minerals due to their better absorption into the body.
Medication Flexibility: Approved medication options are available to help meet producer needs. For availability of approved medicated rations, please consult your Hubbard Sales Representative.
|Crude Protein, min, %||27.0||20.0||18.0||17.0|
|Lysine, min, %||1.55||1.1||0.85||0.85|
|Methionine, min, %||0.6||0.5||0.4||0.43|
|Crude Fat, min, %||2.5||3.0||3.0||3.0|
|Crude Fiber, max, %||5.0||5.0||6.0||8.0|
|Calcium, min-max, %||1.0-1.5||0.9-1.4||2.5-3.5||0.7-1.2|
|Phosphorus, min, %||0.85||0.8||0.7||0.8|
|Salt, min-max, %||0.2-0.7||0.2-0.7||0.2-0.7||0.2-0.7|
*Medicated Pheasant Products available1:
#40444-Pheasant Starter AM .0175
#40445-Pheasant Grower AM.0175
1Active Drug Ingredient: Amprolium - 0.0175%
Homestead Game Bird Starter
- For birds raised for meat: feed Homestead Game Bird Starter as the sole ration (free choice) from hatch through 4-5 weeks of age. Birds can then be switched to Homestead Game Bird Grower.
- For birds raised for release: feed Homestead Game Bird Starter as the sole ration (free choice) from hatch through 8 weeks of age. Birds can then be switched to Homestead Game Bird Flight.
Homestead Game Bird Grower
Feed as the sole ration (free choice) from 6 weeks of age to market weight.
Homestead Game Bird Breeder
Feed as the sole ration (free choice) starting 1 month before the breeding season and continue through the breeding season.
Homestead Game Bird Flight
Feed as the sole ration (free choice) from 9 weeks of age and continue until release.
- Water - Poultry should have access to clean, fresh water at all times. When starting day-old birds or after moving or transporting birds, give access to water before putting feed in the feeders.
- Grit - When birds have access to coarse litter or whole grains, an insoluble grit should be fed. Limit intake of grit to 1 pound per 100 pounds of feed or 2 pounds per 100 birds per week. Grit can be blended with their regular ration or offered free choice in a separate feeder.
- Never feed any feedstuffs that are moldy, musty or suspect in any way.
Homestead Game Bird Products are formulated specifically for pheasants, peafowls, chuckars and quail and should not be fed to other species.
Do not feed to cattle or other ruminants.
#39863—Homestead® Life Game Bird Starter
#39864—Homestead® Life Game Bird Grower
#39865—Homestead® Life Game Bird Breeder
#39866—Homestead® Life Game Bird Flight