Homestead® Rabbit Feeds are formulated with quality ingredients, including high quality alfalfa meal to help provide optimal nutrition for all life stages and optimal levels of lysine and methionine for muscle growth and fur quality.
Rabbit Familyettes is ideal for the milking doe and her young, growing rabbits, meat-producing rabbits, fur-producing or show rabbits and breeding bucks. It is the recommended diet for the rabbit producer who uses only one product.
Rabbit Maintenance is balanced especially for open does, gestating does and non-breeding mature bucks and other situations where a lower protein, lower energy diet is desired.
Complete Balance Of All Essential Nutrients
Homestead Rabbit Feeds will meet the rabbits’ nutrient requirements for all phases of life.
Easy to handle, improved consumption and results in less feed wastage.
Balanced Fiber, Energy and Protein Levels
Fiber, energy and protein are provided in the proper proportions for improved production. Additional feeding of roughage is not necessary.
Contain High Quality Alfalfa Meal
A high quality protein source that enhances palatability.
Optimal Levels of Amino Acids
Research shows that feeding the optimal level of lysine results in faster muscle growth and feeding the optimal level of methionine results in improved fur quality.
Contain Yeast Culture and Probiotics
Yeast culture and probiotics have been shown to improve fermentation conditions in the large intestine and caecum (hind gut) which improves fiber digestion. Rabbits have specific fiber needs that must be balanced with the protein and energy levels for high production.
Contains Schidigera Extract
Schidigera extract has been shown to reduce ammonia levels in the rabbitry. Lower ammonia levels improve overall air quality and reduce objectionable odors which help to improve performance.
Contain Mold Inhibitor
Addition of mold inhibitors helps improve storage life and avoid mold related problems.
|Rabbit Familyettes||Rabbit Maintenance|
|Crude Protein, min %||18.0||16.0|
|Lysine, min %||0.77||0.7|
|Methionine, min %||0.35||0.3|
|Crude Fat, min %||2.5||3.0|
|Crude Fiber, min %||14.0||18.0|
|Crude Fiber, max %||16.0||20.0|
|Calcium (Ca), min-max %||0.6-1.1||0.8-1.3|
|Phosphorus (P), min %||0.6||0.6|
|Salt (NaCl), min-max %||0.5-.10||0.6-1.1|
|Vitamin A, min||2,450 IU/lb.||2,700 IU/lb.|
*Refer to product tag for additional information.
Homestead Rabbit Familyettes1
For the rabbit producer who wants only one food, Rabbit Familyettes is the recommended product. It should be fed as follows:
- Lactating does and bunnies: On the first day after kindling, feed 2 to 4 ounces of Rabbit Familyettes per day. Gradually increase 1 ounce daily to free-choice within 4 to 5 days.
- Gestating does: Feed approximately 4 to 6 ounces of Rabbit Familyettes per day. Feeding rate should be adjusted to maintain desired weight and body condition. Do not allow gestating does to become either over or under conditioned.
Gradually switch to 4 to 5 ounces of Rabbit Familyettes after kindling. After 4 days. lactating does and bunnies may be fed Rabbit Familyettes Free-choice until weaning.
- Weaned bunnies: Feed Rabbit Familyettes free-choice.
- Dry does, bucks and pets: Feed Rabbit Familyettes free-choice. Average size rabbit will consume 4 to 6 ounces per day. Feeding rate should be adjusted to maintain desired weight. Do not allow breeding does or bucks to gain excessive weight.
- Show rabbits: Feed Rabbit Familyettes free-choice. Feeding rate can be adjusted to maintain desired weight and body condition. For extra bloom during show, top-dress NutriPreme®.
1 Important Note: Feeding recommendations for New Zealand size animals. For other breeds adjust feed intake as needed for size.
Homestead Rabbit Maintenance
Rabbit Maintenance is a complete product designed specifically for open does, gestating does and non-breeding mature bucks where a lower protein, lower energy product is desired.
It should be fed as follows:
- Gestating does: Feed 4 to 6 ounces of Rabbit Maintenance Diet per day. Reduce on the day of kindling. Gradually switch to Rabbit Familyettes free-choice until weaning.
- Open does and non-breeding mature bucks: Feed approximately 4 to 6 ounces of Rabbit Maintenance per day, depending on the animal’s condition.
- Provide plenty of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Never feed any feedstuffs that are moldy, musty or suspect in any way.
- Homestead Rabbit Familyettes and Rabbit Maintenance are complete feeds. Additional hay or other feedstuffs are not required and may dilute the nutrient levels resulting in depressed performance.
- Rabbit should be changed slowly from one feed program to another over a 5 to 7 day period. The new feed should be mixed with the old feed to allow the rabbit to adjust smoothly to the new feed.
Homestead Rabbit Feeds are formulated specifically for rabbits and should not be fed to other species.
#36225—Homestead® Rabbit Familyettes – 50 lb.
#36224—Homestead® Life Rabbit Maintenance – 50 lb.
Show-Rite® Rabbit Feeds are also available in many areas.