Homestead® 37% Sheep Supplement is designed to complement homegrown grains to feed all phases of production of sheep.
Homestead Conditioner Feeds are designed for the development and maintenance of breeding sheep stock. Both products contain ammonium chloride to help reduce instances of urinary calculi (water belly) and contain no added copper.
Palatability is of utmost importance in getting lambs to start eating and consistently consume feed. Homestead 37% Sheep Supplement and Conditioner feeds are both formulated with high quality, palatable ingredients to promote feed intake. Added molasses and flavor to help increase palatability and also reduces dust.
Versatility allows use of homegrown grains to produce quality feed for all stages of the sheep’s life, especially for breeding.
No Added Copper: All classes of sheep are susceptible to copper toxicity. Homestead 37% Supplement and Conditioner feeds contain no added copper.
Additional Yeast is added help with fiber digestion.
Ammonium Chloride: Homestead 37% Supplement and Conditioner feeds contain ammonium chloride to help prevent urinary calculi (water belly) and the proper calcium to phosphorus ratio to help in the management of urinary calculi.
Organic Minerals: Organic zinc & organic selenium have been added to help get more of these important minerals into the animal.
Vitamin Fortification: Homestead 37% Supplement and Conditioner feeds are specially formulated to provide Vitamins A, D, E, and thiamin, which are instrumental in stimulating the natural immune system.
Pelleted products reduce the amount of separation of ingredients, therefore reducing feed wastage.
Medicated and Non-medicated Options: Homestead 37% Sheep Supplement and Conditioner feeds have both medicated (Deccox®, Bovatec®or Chlor-tetracycline) and non-medicated options. Refer to the product tag for specific drug information.
|Crude Protein, min %||37.0||12.0|
|NPN, max %||3.4||1.5|
|Crude Fat, min||1.5||2.5|
|Crude Fiber, mx||9.0||18.0|
|Calcium (Ca), min-max %||2.0-2.5||0.7-1.0|
|Phosphorus (P), min%||1.0||0.5|
|Salt (NaCI), min-max %||1.2-1.7||0.2 - 0.7|
|Selenium (Se), min||1.5 ppm||1.54 ppm|
|Vitamin A, min||15,300 IU/lb.||10,000 IU/lb.|
|Vitamin D, min||4,600 IU/lb.||1,000 IU/lb.|
|Vitamin E, min||150 IU/lb.||75 IUI/lb.|
- Nursing Lambs: After feeding 10 to 15 pounds of Homestead Lamb Starter Feeds per lamb, mix 600 pounds of this supplement with 1,400 pounds of whole or crimped grain. Due to the added selenium level in this grain mix, the maximum amount that can be fed is 3.4 pounds per day. Add this grain mix with roughage to produce a complete ration.
- After Weaning: Mix 400 pounds of supplement with 1,600 pounds of whole or crimped grain. Add this grain mix with roughage to produce a complete ration. Feed the grain supplement and roughage mix as the sole ration to growing lambs.
- Mature Breeding Stock: Feed 1 pound per head per day along with pasture or other roughage. Provide a constant supply of clean, fresh water.
- Replacement Breeding Stock: Feed free-choice from 1 week after weaning to 5 months or 90 pounds for ewes and 6 months or 150 pounds for rams. Then gradually switch to mature stock ration above.
Refer to specific product tags for a full listing of feeding directions for the medicated options. You can also consult your Hubbard Sales Representative.
- Divide the suggested daily feeding rate into 2 or 3 feedings per day.
- Changes in the diet should be made over a 1 to 2 week period to help prevent digestive disturbances.
- Provide plenty of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Never feed any feedstuffs that are moldy, musty or suspect in any way.
Homestead Sheep Supplement & Conditioner products are formulated specifically for sheep and should not be fed to other species.
#36263—Homestead® 37% Sheep Supp., 50 lb.
#36265—Homestead® 37% Sheep Supp. B150, 50 lb.
#39456—Homestead® 37% Sheep Supp. D68, 50 lb.