Homestead® Llama Feed contains high quality ingredients in a palatable formulation designed to meet the specific nutritional requirements of llamas. Homestead Llama Feed contains high levels of essential vitamins, such as A, D, E, and zinc methionine to help maximize muscle and fiber growth.
Homestead Llama Nutrient Pellets are a mini-pellet which helps keep the ingredients from separating. Also, short cut, small pellets help to prevent choking concerns.
The correct levels of critical nutrients, such as vitamins A, E, minerals, and selenium help to maximize genetic potential for growth and fiber production.
Contains Zinc Methionine
Zinc is essential for excellent skin condition and luxurious hair coat. Added zinc methionine has shown a reduction in the problems associated with foot rot and improved immunity.
Contains Mold Inhibitor
The addition of mold inhibitor helps storage life and helps avoid mold-related problems.
|Crude Protein, min %||10.0|
|Crude Fat, min %||2.2|
|Crude Fiber, max %||22.0|
|Calcium, min-max %||2.5-3.5|
|Phosphorus, min %||1.1|
|Salt, min-max %||0.8-1.3|
|Copper, min||12.0 ppm|
|Selenium, min||4.85 ppm|
|Vitamin A, min||30,000 IU/lb.|
|Vitamin D, min||3,500 IU/lb.|
|Vitamin E, min||500 IU/lb.|
Feed Homestead Llama Nutrient Pellets at the rate of 1 pound per head per day along with free choice quality hay.
The feeding rate can be adjusted to fit the needs of individual llamas or to compensate for low quality roughages.
Llama Nutrient Pellets are mainly a vitamin/trace mineral supplement pellet.
Feeding and Management Tips
- Llamas should have continuous access to good quality roughage.
- Additional feedstuffs, (such as a 16% protein corn, oats and soybean meal mix), may be necessary during lactation and in creep feeding situations.
- Changes in the diet should be made gradually over a 1 to 2 week period to help prevent digestive disturbances.
- Provide plenty of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Provide a feeding station (creep area) for crias (baby llama) free from adult competition.
- Keep animals in a clean, dry environment. Shelter from adverse weather should be provided.
- Never feed any feedstuffs that are moldy, musty or suspect in any way.
Hubbard Life Llama Nutrient Pellets have been formulated specifically for llamas and are not intended for other species.
#39878—Homestead® Life Llama Nutrient Pellets